Manchester City and Chelsea finished the game without being able to decide the winner after a fierce battle in which a total of 8 goals were scored.

Manchester City drew 4-4 against Chelsea in the 12th round of the 2023/24 Premier League season held at Stamford Bridge in London, England on the 13th (Korean time).

Man City (28 points), which only scored 1 point on this day, maintained its first place in the league, but was only able to widen the gap with 2nd place Liverpool (27 points) and 3rd place Arsenal (27 points) by only one point. On the other hand, Chelsea (16 points) took 1 point against Manchester City, the league title candidate, and took 10th place in the league.

The home team, Chelsea, went in 4-2-3-1. With goalkeeper Robert Sánchez guarding the goal, Marc Cucurella, Thiago Silva, Axel Disasi and Reece James formed the back four. Enso Fernandez and Moises Caicedo were placed on the third line, while Raheem Sterling, Connor Gallagher, and Cole Palmer were placed on the second line. At the forefront was Nicola Jackson, aiming for the Manchester City goal.

The away team, Manchester City, faced 3-2-4-1. Ederson donned the goalkeeper’s gloves, and Joszko Gvardiol, Ruben Dias and Kyle Walker formed the back three. Manuel Akanji and Rodri were in the third line, and Jeremy Doku, Bernardo Silva, Julian Alvarez, and Phil Foden played in the second line, supporting frontline striker Erling Haaland.

Chelsea did not back down and put pressure on league leader Manchester City from the first half, but ended up giving up the first goal. In the 22nd minute of the first half, during a Manchester City attack, Cucurella grabbed and dragged Holland by his clothes to prevent him from penetrating to finish a cross in front of the goal, and the referee declared a penalty kick after video review (VAR). Holan, who served as the kicker himself, finished cleanly and gave the team the first goal.

However, Chelsea did not back down despite Manchester City’s goal. In the 28th minute of the first half, James finished the free kick taken by Enso with a sharp shot, aiming for the Manchester City goal. In the 29th minute of the first half, Tiaco Silva accurately hit the ball from a corner kick with his head to score an equalizer.

Chelsea turned the game around. In the 37th minute of the first half, Palmer delivered an accurate pass to James, who was penetrating to the right of the penalty box, and James attempted a low, quick cross to Sterling, who was located in the center. While Ederson and the defenders missed the ball, Sterling, who was in front of the goal, easily pushed the ball in and succeeded in a comeback.

Manchester City also did not back down. In a corner kick situation in extra time of the first half, the ball was delivered to Bernardo Silva, who was located at the left corner of the penalty box rather than inside the box, and Silva aimed an accurate kick at the heads of the players in front of the goal.

Akanji, who was positioned in the center, jumped high and attempted a header past Chelsea defenders, which balanced the game by heading to a corner where Sanchez could not reach.

The two teams, who finished the first half with a score of 2-2, continued their scoring competition in the second half. The team that ignited first was once again Manchester City. In the 2nd minute of the second half of the second half of the Manchester City counterattack, Foden delivered an accurate pass to Bernardo, who was going around the defense, and Bernardo’s cross was caught in the leg of Holan, who had fallen in front of the goal, and was sucked into the Chelsea goal. Afterwards, VAR checked whether Holland had committed a handball foul, but the score was recognized as is.

Chelsea, who was dragged down, also tried to turn the game into an advantage again. In the 5th minute of the second half, in a counterattack that started with Gallagher’s long pass, Sterling broke through the left side of the penalty box and crossed in front of the goal, which Dias threw his body to block. Afterwards, Gallagher tried to push the bounced ball in again, but Dias immediately got up and kicked the ball out of the box.

Dias defended Manchester City’s defense in the 10th minute of the second half by blocking Chelsea’s counterattack targeting the space behind the defense starting from James’ pass with a neat sliding tackle.

However, Chelsea continued their offensive. In the 15th minute of the second half, Palmer dribbled through as many as four defenders, entered the center of the Manchester City box, and attempted a shot. The shot didn’t have enough power, and unfortunately, it was easily blocked by Ederson.

In the 22nd minute of the second half, the game returned to square one. Ederson made a save on a mid-range shot attempted by Gallagher from in front of the penalty box arc, but the ball flowed in front of Jackson inside the box. Jackson calmly put it into the corner with a right-footed shot, and the two teams tied for the third time in the game 스포츠토토

Chelsea aimed for a comeback. In the 30th minute of the second half, Sterling stole the opponent’s ball and passed it to Gusteau, creating a 1-on-1 chance, but Gusteau’s shot ended up over the goal.

Manchester City also had no intention of giving up the game. In the 41st minute of the second half, Mateo Kovacic’s shot hit the defensive wall and fell in front of the penalty box arc, and Rodri connected it with a powerful mid-range shot, which hit the right corner of the Chelsea goal and gave Manchester City the lead again.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *